It is book fair time once again in Guadalajara, Mexico and ReadersMagnet will join authors, bookworms, and other publishing houses in embracing the written word at the upcoming Guadalajara International Book Fair, which will open on November 25 through December 3 at the city’s Expo Guadalajara.
The Guadalajara International Book Fair, better known in Spanish as Feria Internacional del Libro de Guadalajara (FIL), is the most important publishing event in Ibero-America and one of the most important cultural events and book fairs in Latin America. The FIL was established 30 years ago by the University of Guadalajara to bring authors and publishers from different continents and languages. The nine-day book fair also serves as a cultural festival of sorts where attendees witness the various literary and cultural presentations of the guest country. The guest of honor country for this year’s FIL is the city of Madrid, Spain.
ReadersMagnet will put up an exhibit to display books of various genres. Among the books expected to be displayed at the exhibit are:
- The Secret in the Forest by Sheila Adam McIntyre, a suspenseful story of two 13-year-old boys who enter a forbidden forest in search for adventure.
- Immersion by Cynthia Revels, a young adult science fiction fantasy story about a half-human, half-extraterrestrial teenager and her sister. The book has references to voodoo culture.
- The Annunciation by Ronald Teachworth, a Catholic fiction written by a Detroit visual artist and film-maker. The story is about a young seminarian and a Felician sister who fall in love with each other.
- The Tale of the Walking Rock: The Adventures of Sleepy Ann and Sam, Momma Kitty and China by Arthur Gordon Brenckle, a fun children’s story about four friends who encounter a strange object.
- The Family Secret by Connie Lemonde, a heart-wrenching coming-of-age story that revolves around a family secret and toches multiple themes.
- Through The Storm: “Medications for your soul”by Rev. Betty A. Beach-Connell. Written by a Methodist minister, the book aims to encourage Christians to walk closer with God through the reading of Scripture, prayer, and meditation.
- Breath Of Dragons: Vanished by Tina Marie Randolph, a young adult series that blends science fiction and fantasy. The story takes place in a futuristic but otherworldly land where dragons rule as part of an elite ruling class.
- The Special Tea Party by Teresa Brideau, a story about three sisters who hold a tea party. They receive a surprise guest.
- Blatant Christianity: Living by the Sermon on the Mount by Judith E. Becker, a spiritual guide for Christians to live life according to the commandments.
- The Legacy of a Humble Black Woman by Estella Pyfrom, an inspiring story of a woman who runs an innovative education advocacy. Oprah Winfrey wrote the foreword.
These are just some of the great books bookworms will find at ReadersMagnet’s exhibit.
The book marketing and supported self-publishing house hopes to make an impact at the Guadalajara International Book Fair and gain valuable insight into the industry.
Want ReadersMagnet to pitch your book in next year’s edition of the Guadalajara International Book Fair or any upcoming book fair? Don’t hesitate to talk with our marketing specialists. Email us at [email protected] or call 1 (800) 805 0762.