Writing your book is just the first half of your book. Editing and finalizing your manuscript is as important as writing your book. Getting quality book editing services is essential in publishing quality books worthy of recognition.

Anyone can practically write a book. However, not everyone can actually edit or proofread their manuscripts. Editing and making sure that your draft or manuscript is well-structured and free of any errors such as misspelled words or missing punctuations is essential before printing your book. The moment you publish your book, it is open for praise and criticism. As much as possible, you would want good reviews for your book, which in turn may translate into commercial and critical gains. Producing quality books, with less or no errors, will also help establish your reputation as a consummate writer. ReadersMagnet presents the different types of book editing services that are available depending on book editing needs.
guide to editing symbols
Basic marks use for editing and proofreading. Source: yousense.info Line Editing In this article, we will separate line editing from proofreading. Line editing is the line by line review of the written material. Line editors usually check on the word choice, paragraph usage, and the structure. They don’t touch so much on the story, the concept, or the grammar but rather on how the author or writer has styled and organized the words on the manuscript. A quality line editing service ensures that your work do not contain that many run-on sentences, sentence fragments, and clichés. They point out jargons and make sure that you get to convey the right meaning through the shortest possible sentence. Copyediting
copy editing
For most writers and authors, the first thing they do after finishing their manuscript is to do copyediting. First time authors usually rely on the services of professional copy editors. A good writer self-edits and checks his or her work before turning it over. However, most peoples can only detect around 60 percent of errors. Copy editing ensures that at least 85% of errors are corrected. The key word is meticulous. Copy editors seek out the smallest of possible errors: misspelled words, wording issues, and even grammatical rules most authors are not even aware of. Copy editors are there to assist authors in producing professionally-written book. Most books follow the Chicago Manual of Style to check the style for book genre and most copy editors ensure that your book observes the same guide. Proofreading
Basic proofreading symbols. Source: yousense.info As I mentioned above, copy editing can only detect about 85 percent of the manuscript errors. So how about the remaining 15%? That is what proofreading comes in. Proofreading and copy editing always go hand in hand. Although they are of confused to be one and the same, they are not. They are two different processes that that may handle same areas but their treatment remains different. A proofreader’s job is not to fix your manuscript. They are just there to correct errors that they come across. They also look for typographical errors, misplace punctuations, page numbering, proper headings, tables of figures in your manuscript, bad line, page breaks, and other mistakes that the copy editors might have missed. Yes, you heard it right. Proofreaders are there as back up for copy editors and make sure that your manuscript is 100% mistake-free. That said, proofreading is the last absolute step in the editing process. Developmental editing Developmental editing is a comprehensive and thorough edit of your manuscript. Editors primarily focus on the story- setting, plot, characters, flow, and other details. They also engage in checking the content, its clarity, tone of voice, and examine if the story is missing some parts or needs revision. It is during this time that editors requests writers to rewrite certain parts. Developmental editing is very tedious as it involves both the form and the manuscript’s story and content. These are the four main types of book editing services that are offered by publishing companies. In some companies, they also have a content editing services. This is similar to developmental editing but puts more emphasis on the words on each page. They work on each paragraph and chapters in terms of markups, comments or even content deletions. Content editors also move sections or paragraphs within your chapters and at times, even move your content to different chapters as they see fit. Authors, especially independent ones, must know how to find a book editor and publisher that will look put first your interest and the welfare of your manuscript. ReadersMagnet provides publishing and editorial services for interested authors. Contact ReadersMagnet at their office number: (619) 354 2643 Toll Free Number: (800) 805 0762 Fax Number: (661) 338 1442 or email them at [email protected] for more details.