What print and other traditional advertising methods had done for authors in the past, social media advertising services can also do for authors today. Unlike traditional advertising and marketing, social media can help authors build their author brand, create awareness, build a following, and sell books while spending less money, expending less effort, and investing fewer resources. This is an opportunity for both established and aspiring authors to bring their works to a wider audience.
Why social media for authors?
How authors can use social media marketing?
Depending on what social media networks they use, authors have the choice to:
- Create a purely text-based post or tweet;
- Share an original image or video (with or without text in the caption);
- Share a link to a website content (with or without text in the caption);
- Create an image post with a text and link in the caption; and
- Create a formatted link post (with or without text in the caption)