Once again, it’s book fair time
The 2018 book fair season will be momentous for ReadersMagnet because in the middle of the season, the company, which used to be solely a book marketing agency, will celebrate its first anniversary as a self-publishing house.
While the anniversary is still months away, ReadersMagnet does what it does best: Introduce new titles and emerging authors to the reading public in national and international book events. The company just participated in the 2018 American Library Association (ALA) Midwinter Meeting & Exhibits, which ran from February 9 to 12, 2018 at the Colorado Convention Center, in Denver, Colorado.
The 2018 ALA Midwinter was ReadersMagnet’s first book event participation for 2018.
What the ALA Midwinter conference is all about
The ALA Midwinter conference draws thousands of educators, librarians, writers, publishers, exhibitors, and professionals from the library and information industry to its meetings, programs, panel discussions, in-depth conversations, and exhibits, all of which revolve around the theme ‘The conversation starts here.”
Though the main author program, auditorium speaker series, and the opening and closing sessions were the most buzzed-about events of the 2018 ALA Midwinter, the awards events were the highlights of the conference. The ALA handed out awards in different categories under the Youth Media Awards, which celebrates the best in children and young adult literature and media, and the Andrew Carnegie Medals for Excellence in Fiction and Nonfiction, which is dedicated to book and reference sources for adults.
ReadersMagnet at the 2018 ALA Midwinter
The independent book marketing and supported self-publishing house took part in the 2018 ALA Midwinter as an exhibitor. ReadersMagnet, in partnership with the Combined Book Exhibit (CBE), put up an exhibit booth to display different books of diverse genres which include:
- Captive Bride by Marjorie Hersom, a historical fiction novel based on the author’s family’s story as narrated to her by her father.
- Lenny by William Lynn Smith, a story about two men whose friendship transcends sociocultural barriers and spans generations.
- For the Love of Sister… A Sibling’s Story by Nancy Seriani, a true story about life, cancer, family, and a bond between adult siblings.
- Perfect Clarity: A Novel about Our Male-Dominated Misogynist Society and Four Women Who Fought Back (1874 to the Present) by Ruth Rymer, a novel about four women who overcome the misogyny in their time.
- If I Knew Then What I Know Now: “The Best Is Yet to Come” by Jennifer Webb Farris, a motivational guide for people who want to make better decisions for themselves and their families.
- The Grateful Man and His Secrets by Daniel Jerkins, a spiritual memoir of a Christian who defeated the temptation of the flesh with determination and faith.
- The Second Adventures of Thelma Thistle and Her Friends by Joyce Crawford, a follow-up to the first book, where the titular character experiences new emotions and meets new friends.
- The Brooks by Jean Eugene Havel, a love story with heavy reference to pagan mythology, which protagonist is a female college student with the ability to predict the future and talk to spirits.
- Sorry! There is No Afterlife! None Goes to Heaven or Hell! by Mike M. Joseph, a shocking exposé on the various Abrahamic religions’ doctrines on the afterlife.
- Practical Certificate Physics by James O. Chukwu, a useful reference for high school students who take up Physics.
As if it was not enough to introduce new stories and authors to readers, ReadersMagnet managed to land first-time author Hersom an autographing session at the 2018 ALA Midwinter on February 11. For the information of readers, ReadersMagnet republished Hersom’s Captive Bride, which was released on February 8.
What to expect next from ReadersMagnet
Rest assured the company will take part in the next year’s edition of the ALA Midwinter conference, so expect surprises.
Want us to pitch your book at next year’s conference or any upcoming book event? Get in touch with one of our marketing specialists today. Call 1-800-805-0762 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org