The Legal Aspect of ReadersMagnet
ReadersMagnet serves as your Self-Publishing and Marketing Company to publish your work and to reach your prospects, customers, and readers.
We publish your original work and design the marketing campaign that will clearly represent you and your book. In order to do this, you will present to us an error-free copy of your manuscript in a format consistent with our guidelines. Should we find your manuscript acceptable, we shall proceed with publication.
Once your work is published, we shall commence with marketing services. You will give us your book’s information, including its ISBN number, publisher and publishing date. We also need your details like your address and contact information. The marketing campaign will start and end based on the package that you have chosen.
You retain all the rights to your book and we are just here to publish your work and design and maintain your online marketing. Upon signing to our services, we will provide you the Author Agreement form for you to see how we will effect publication and print and marketing of your work.
ReadersMagnet’s marketing services are designed to complement your self-publishing experience. Whether you are new or pro in the world of writing, you will always need a marketing strategy that will boost your presence and sales. Our marketing platforms are ensured to be repetitive, consistent, and number gained in your end. With our content marketing, we create the topics for you and you can also discuss with us the contents that you would like us to develop for you and your author brand. We believe that by being transparent to your wants and needs, we will create the best marketing strategy.
ReadersMagnet continuously strives to provide exceptional self-publishing and marketing services. We will raise awareness about your book and strengthen your author brand. We ensure that at every step we boost your author profile and online credibility and integrity.
July 25, 2016
Privacy Notice and Changes
Information Collection and Use
We may obtain personal identifiable information about you. We may collect this information when you provide it over the phone, via email or when you subscribed to our newsletter. When you visit this website, we may also collect certain information about your device or usage by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. Personal information excludes any information you may choose to submit publicly, such as reviews, comments, critiques, editorials, testimonials, documentaries, forum or blog discussions.
The Details You Provide:
When you create an account on this site and purchase our services and packages, you are required to give the following information:
- Personal information that you voluntarily provide, including information you provide when you create an account, purchase our services, or contact us
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number)
- Payment information (such as your credit card number, expiration date, delivery address and billing address, banking account, and tax-related information)
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit our website, we may collect non-personally identifiable information. We can tell the type of computer, browser, and internet provider you are using. We also know the date, time, and pages you visit. Collecting this information helps us design the site to suit your needs. The technologies we may use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small text file placed on the hard drive of Internet-connected devices that uniquely identifies your browser to store information.
- Web Server Logs. The web server logs may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our emails to you may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, to count users for other related website statistics.
Targeted Advertising Companies
California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of the State of California, we provide you with notice and choice over disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties (such as advertisers) for marketing purposes. Therefore, pursuant to the California Civil Code, the notice and choice we provide regarding disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes satisfies our obligation to maintain or furnish users with a list of the names and addresses of third parties who receive Personal Information from us for marketing purposes.
Children Under the Age of 13
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13 and does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
All materials and all contents which has been created, generated and maintained on this site are subject to copyrights owned by ReadersMagnet- © ReadersMagnet 2016. All rights reserved.
Any reproduction, redistribution, retransmissions, or republication of all or part of any document found on this site is expressly prohibited, unless ReadersMagnet has explicitly granted its written consent to so reproduce, redistribute, retransmit, or republish the material. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
The names, logos, service marks, images and trademarks of ReadersMagnet on this site may not be used in any advertising or publicity, or otherwise to indicate ReadersMagnet’s sponsorship or affiliation with any product, service, or company, without ReadersMagnet’s prior express written permission.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This Service Agreement is made between ReadersMagnet (the “Service Provider”) and you (the “Author”). The Service Provider and the Author may be referred to collectively as the Parties. Failure of either party to comply with the terms and conditions herein may result in the termination of the contract. The terms and conditions shall only be valid when you (the “Author) agree by signing this form in its designated signatory page.
- The Author warrants and guarantees to the Service Provider that he/she possesses sole ownership of the book and is the owner of the copyright of its contents.
- The contents of his/her book are entirely his/her creation and that he/she did not commit plagiarism; that the book is original and not in the public domain; that it contains no libelous, illegal, legally obscene, and intentionally hateful content. The Service Provider reserves the right to decide, at its discretion, if the Author’s book may be subject to violation or complaint with the content policy, including but not limited to book file, cover image, interior illustrations, and product data. The types of work that might not pass the Service Provider’s content evaluation includes, but is not limited to:a. Work containing pornographic materials.
b. Work containing libelous content.
c. Work containing illegal or legally obscene and intentionally hateful content, among others.
- Author acknowledges and agrees that this marketing campaign is designed to maximize a book’s publicity, but Service Provider does not guarantee immediate results and/or book sales boost.
- Authors may suggest a specific launching date for the marketing service, but Service Provider does not guarantee fulfillment on the preferred date. All orders are scheduled according to a first-come, first-served basis.
II. Service Provider Rights
The Author acknowledges and agrees that the Service Provider retains all property rights to data, files, and materials that the Service Provider prepares for the publication of the Work, including but not limited to production data, files, and materials, whether or not completed, in the possession of the Service Provider. Service Provider also reserves the right to use excerpts or parts of the Work for the sole purpose of marketing and promotions of the Work.
III. Payment Terms and Conditions
The Author shall pay the Service Provider the appropriate fees for the service as indicated. The Service Provider may change the payment structure, payment scheme, at any time, in correlation to the agreed service cost. The Service Provider reserves the right to delay the launching of the service if the service cost has not been fully paid.
IV. Termination and Refund Policy
All authors may terminate the Marketing Service and refund request may be made under the following conditions only. The amount refunded depends on the state of completion.
a) Prior to the submission of the Service Form and Agreement Form has been signed and submitted: 100% refund less the $150 service fee.
b) After (a) above and setup the domain and hosting; started the creation of the website design and development: 50% refund less the $150 service fee.
c) After (b) above and Author has already approved the demo website: Service is non-refundable.
d) The Author understands and agrees that the fee for any trade shows or book exhibits are non-refundable under any circumstance. Since the Service Provider is working with other vendors for the book exhibit, regardless if it is a regional, national or international book exhibit, the Author is not entitled to a refund once the agreement is signed and the service has already been started.
V. Limited Liability
Author will provide the Service Provider all information and materials necessary to complete services in a legal and/or lawful manner, and at the Author’s full liability, with the Service Provider having no legal responsibility for the accuracy or legitimacy of said information or material. For any reason an officer of the law or any court with proper jurisdiction finds the Author acted unlawfully or without proper authorization obtained information resulting in unlawful or inaccurate work being completed, the Service Provider holds no responsibility legally or financially.
VI. Security and Protocol
For payment security of the Author, he/she must only transact with an authorized ReadersMagnet Billing and Finance Department Staff. The Author must remember that other specialists or departments are not allowed to process any payment for any service. All payments made directly to anyone except the authorized staff are considered null & void and Service Provider will not be accountable.
For communication security, the Author must only communicate with a ReadersMagnet staff whose e-mail address should have a valid ReadersMagnet domain (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org). Any payment or service agreement made with people whose e-mail addresses do not have a proper ReadersMagnet domain is considered null & void and will not be accountable.
If the service is already in the process of production, the Author is encouraged to communicate with the Fulfillment Coordinator instead of the Sales or Marketing Specialist.
The Agreement set forth the entire agreement of the Parties, and replaces and supersedes any previous agreement between the Parties on the subject, whether oral or written, express or implied. No amendment of, addition to, or modification of this Agreement shall be effective unless reduced to writing and signed by the Parties hereto.