The Frankfurt International Book Fair is held annually. Its tradition dates back to the 17th century though it recognizes 1949 as its year of modern inauguration. It is held every mid-October at the Frankfurt Trade Fair grounds in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The 5-day event is widely recognized as the most prestigious and important book fair in the world as far as book promotion, author exposure, book deals, and trade. That said, FIBF is an event every serious author should consider attending.
- FIBFis the largest book fair. Frankfurter Buchmesse International Book Fair is the world’s largest book fair in terms of participants, guest countries, the number of publishers, and the number of visitors. It boasts an estimated 7,000 from more than 100 countries with over 280, 000 visitors each.
- It has an awesome format. Frankfurt International Book Fair is a 5-day event. The first three days are exclusive to the fair participants. These include the exhibitors, authors, speakers, artists, book agents, content providers, librarians, academics, illustrators, service providers, film producers, translators, professional and trade associations, institutions, antiquarians, multimedia suppliers, and guest personalities both from in and out of the literary circle. The remaining two days are open to the general public for trade and other market deals.
- U.S. Publishers in attendance. This year a number of established publishing houses from all over the United States will be selling in this year’s FIBF. Penguin, Crown, Delacorte, Morrow, Putnam, and Simon&Schuster are just some of the U.S.-based publisher attending the fair this October.
- It’s the world’s oldest book fair. To take part in the world’s book fair is a pretty amazing feat. The Frankfurt Buchmesse’s tradition spans more than 500 years and has a rich cultural significance. The FIBF is Europe’s most prestigious book fair, and one of the world’s most important book events.
- Attendance from other sectors. Just like other major book fairs, FIBF 2018 will host thousands of visitors from various sectors. Aside from publishers, book agents, academics, booksellers, and marketing experts, Frankfurt 2018 will host multi-media companies, content providers, film producers, illustrators, artists, multimedia suppliers, and trade associations to name a few.
- Gutenberg, Leipzig, food, and wine. Attending the 2018 FIBF is not confined to bookselling and talks. If you attend the fair you’ll get a chance to visit the Gutenberg Museum, stroll along Leipzig Street where you can see specialty shops, small bookstores, a coffee-roasting, a wine shop, and souvenir shop. Lastly, no FIBF experience is complete without tasting various German delicacies the 5-day event will offer.
- Frankfurt’s Annual Book Awards. Each year at FIBF, they give two literary awards. One is the prestigious Peace Prize of the German Book Trade. The other award aims to poke fun at the book with the oddest book title. The Bookseller/Diagram Prize for the Oddest Title of the Year was first awarded in the year 1970.
- Frankfurt’s wide media coverage. FIBF is the world’s biggest, oldest and probably the most prestigious book event. This event gathers not only the largest crowd in a book fair but also the biggest media contingent in any literary event. As per buchmesse, around 10,000 journalists and bloggers will show up and report during the 5-day book fair. And that’s not counting representative from both government and private media institutions.
- The 2018 Guest of Honour: Georgia. Each year since 1976, BIBF chooses a guest of honour or a focus of interest. The chosen country, book, author, occasion or topic is recognized through a special programme which includes readings, exhibitions, public talks, theatre productions, and other media presentations. A special is also set up for the chosen guest of honour. This year Georgia takes center stage in the upcoming 2018 BIBF.
- Global success option like no other. Frankfurt International Book Fair works hand in hand with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to run international book offices. These are informational offices set up in the most in-demand markets around the globe namely New Delhi, New York, Moscow, and Beijing, with contacts in Brazil and Southeast Asia. Book marketing does not end in FIBF nor in Frankfurt. Frankfurt International Book Fair guarantees all year profiling of your brand around the globe.
Sign up with us today and join us in the largest book fair in the world- The Frankfurt International Book Fair. Call us at 1-800-805-0762 | 619-354-2643 or email us at email@example.com.